Dear NSB Families,
We hope you are all staying safe and healthy this spring. We know that many of you are concerned about COVID-19, the novel Coronavirus. The good news for our NSB community is that there is strong evidence that most infections in children are mild, with symptoms like the common cold. Those at highest risk are the elderly and people with underlying health conditions. That being said, for the health and safety of our greater community please do not come to NSB for 14 days if you:
- Just returned from travel to an area classified by the CDC risk assessment to be a level 2 or 3 (Areas classified as a level 2 or 3 risk are currently China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, and Japan. Up-to-date lists can be found at the CDC website, click here.
- Are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Have had close contact with someone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, is diagnosed with COVID-19, or under investigation for COVID-19.
Here is what we are doing to limit the transmission of COVID-19 at NSB:
- Regularly wiping commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant (barres, doors, counters, etc.)
- Posting hand washing posters in our school and and asking instructors remind students of the importance of hand washing.
- Having hand sanitizer available in the studios for use (particularly after barre).
- Providing paid leave for staff who may need to stay away from NSB because of these restrictions and offering work options from home when possible.
Other things you can do to avoid spreading COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Call your health care provider before going to their offices if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.