The Sue Perry Jordan Scholarship
Sue Perry Jordan Scholarship Fund honors the artistry, high standards, and love that Ms. Sue brought to her role as beloved teacher and mentor to hundreds of North Star Ballet Students. This is a one-year merit-based scholarship. The awardee will exemplify Ms. Sue’s insistence on rigor and dedication to ballet and commitment to the community of the North Star Ballet.
The scholarship covers full school tuition, registration fee, and Company fees for one year including Summer Classes. Any workshop hosted by NSB but conducted by other organizations will not be included.
- Enrolled in North Star Ballet 1 year prior to scholarship
- Level C2 or above
- Company or Apprentice Company Membership
This is a merit based scholarship. Candidates will be judged on their physical, mental, and emotional suitability for ballet technique, as well as their dedication to their class and company commitments. Enrolling as a Creative Movement Aide, or a Ballet demonstrator is an asset. In the event of two or more candidates being competitive, the scholarship will be awarded to the most senior company member.
Flexibility, strength, alignment, natural turn-out, leg shape, musicality, work ethic, ability to dance well with others, respect for the institution, teachers and fellow dancers will be taken into consideration when reviewing applications.
Applicants should write a Letter of Motivation, no more than two pages, that includes:
- Phone number
- Current Ballet Level
- Years at North Star Ballet (Creative Movement included)
- Any classroom aide or demonstrator positions you have had
- What roles you have danced in what productions in what year
- Why you are a good candidate for this scholarship?
- What are your dance goals?
- How will you use this scholarship to honor Miss Sue’s memory
Applications should be turned into the NSB office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ms. Sue Scholarship application” in the subject line.
Questions? Contact NSB 451-8800 or email@example.com